Thai Green Curry
Thai Green Curry Ingredients
- 400 grams beef (a little less then 1lb.)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (corn, safflower or peanut oil, not olive oil)
- 3 tbsp green curry paste (see our green curry paste recipe or use prepared curry paste)
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk (1 1/2 cans Chaokoh brand coconut milk or squeezed out from 400 grams grated fresh coconut)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 5-10 small fresh Thai eggplants, quartered
- 2-3 fresh red spur chilies*, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup sweet basil leaf (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp palm sugar
- Sweet basil leaves and red chili slices for garnish
Thai Green Curry Preparation
- Slice the beef into thin pieces, about about 1/3" (3 cm) thick.
- Saute the green curry paste in oil over medium heat in a wok or saute pan until fragrant, reduce the heat, gradually add 1 1/2 cups of the coconut milk a little at a time, stir until a film of green oil surfaces.
- Add the beef and kaffir lime leaves, continue cooking for 3 minutes until fragrant and the beef is cooked through. Transfer to a large pot, place over medium heat and cook until boiling. Add the remaining coconut milk, season with palm sugar and fish sauce. When the mixture returns to a boil add the eggplants. Cook until the eggplants are done, sprinkle sweet basil leaves and red chilies over, then turn off the heat.
- Arrange on a serving dish and garnish with sweet basil leaves and red chilies before serving.